I turned 34 this year and there are times when I don’t feel it but there are lots of times when I do.
Last night after I went Zumba I popped into sainsburys for something for my tea and I treated myself to a couple of bottles of beer. I nearly fell over when the woman on the check out asked me for ID! I’ve not been asked for ID in years. I used to get asked all the time when I first started teaching (which all the kids i taught would find hilarious as they never would get asked!) then when I fell pregnant and had the girls it simply stopped happening. So yesterday I looked at this woman like she had 2 heads and said ‘I’m 34’ in this kind of ‘are you serious’ tone of voice. She looked at me, realised her mistake and decided that no one would ever pretend to be 34 and let me buy the beer 😂😂
It made me think about the signs that you’re getting older:
- You have to dye your hair not for fashion but you’re getting greyer by the week!
- A late night is 10.30pm
- You’ve forgotten what a sleep in, as soon as you wake up you’re desperate to go for a wee so you might as well get up now!
- Your bones ache, don’t ask me how that happens but it does.
- You don’t know where the good night life is anymore 😢
- You miss going out dancing but you also don’t want to miss out on the opportunity of a decent night’s sleep if your children are also sleeping out!
- You cry a lot more at adverts
- You struggle to know what’s in the charts at the moment
- You write a blog post about getting older!